Monday, February 5, 2007

Notes from the Super Bowl


- I only watched about an hour of the pre-game hype, which was just about enough. I tried to crack my Dad up with stuff like (in a female voice): "And now the Academy Award nominees for Best Lead Actor in a Film-- Eddie Murphy for Norbit".
- I didn't really care who won, I was just happy the Patriots weren't in. I was more concerned with wings and my standing in the football squares pool that I was in.
- Channel 4 might as well had run a promo that said "Hey terrorists, get your pen and paper ready, tonight at 10 we'll tell you right were there is a major security breach!" In the words of Bernie Mac, they need to shut what we call "the f*** up".
- Let me guess-- it's sweeps again.
- Prince's halftime show was great. It was probably the best hafltime show ever and easily the best one since Boobgate. He was spectacularly attired in his Miami Dolphins colors and little scarf. I was so surprised that he even came out in the rain. It was like Diana Ross in Central Park. Good, good stuff.
- How would you like to be a Bears fan to pay all that money for airfare, hotel, tickets, then get to the game and sit in the rain for three hours and see the Bears piss away the championship? That would be like the worst day of your life.
- The commercials were okay. I thought the best were Federline, Go Daddy (starring WWE Diva Candice Michelle), and the beer ad with paper, scissors, rock.
- Did I actually see Trishelle from MTV's The Real World in that Go Daddy ad?

No comments: