Thursday, February 15, 2007

American Idol Thoughts


The official competition hasn't even started and I'm already threatening not to watch the rest of the season. Usually this doesn't kick in until the third week. How in the world did they kick out the Shakira wannabe (pictured above)? That was my favorite contestant this year. Sure she could only sing "Hips Don't Lie" and butchered everything else, but with a potential superstar like this, sometimes concessions have to be made. Broadway week? Let her do "Hips Don't Lie" from Cats. Barry Manilow week? How about Barry Manilow's "Hips Don't Lie"? Oh well, there's always the movies. We look forward to seeing her in Big Booty Latinas 8.
This year's crop looks a little weak to me. The guy at the end of Wednesday's show got robbed so that Goatee Boy could advance. I have no idea why they were so intent on keeping him. They had already filled the fat guy quota! I could tell which girls would be weeded out early (Leslie Hunt for one). I can't wait for Sanjaya to get booted because he went out like a complete sucka for crying when his sister didn't make it. And here's my prediction for this year's winner. I'm calling my shot: Melinda Doolittle, the career backup singer. You heard it here first. I can hardly wait for my rant in Week 7 when she gets cut.

No comments: