Friday, January 22, 2010

Impact Thoughts

I have mixed emotions about the new Hulk Hogan-led Impact. On one hand, they are doing some things good (slowing down the pace, making a big deal of A.J. Styles, Kurt Angle's direction, creating interest in the project) but on the other hand there is stuff that is driving me crazy (central storyline centers around old men fighting over...... I'm not really sure, the Nasty Boyz, Bubba, etc.-- and really, how long before we see Brutus Beefcake?). Ken Kennedy Anderson's act is already tired. And for Pete's sake, will somebody draw the line between the good guys and bad guys?... Another strike against them: Awesome Kong allegedly quit (I hope she reconsiders) and Alyssa Flash is gone (FOOLS!). I'll give this group the benefit of the doubt for now but I'm not hopeful... On the flipside, I've heard nothing but great things about the Dragon Gate USA Wrestling PPV that debuts this weekend. I know I'm going to try to catch it if I can find it on my system.

No comments: