Friday, January 1, 2010

News and Notes

It's New Year's Eve and I'm spending it at home with the Thursday Impact special and the Twilight Zone marathon. Yes, I'm staying in; why break tradition? I enjoyed tonight's four-hour Impact extravaganza. They need to do this every week: matches with enough time to develop, throw in some interviews in between, leave the silliness out, and make the titles mean something. I almost guarantee that ratings would go up over the course of the first month. It seems so easy and they screw it up on a weekly basis... I was listening to our local NPR station yesterday and Don Marsh hosted a roundtable with former St. Louis TV news people Julius Hunter, Don Johnson and Dick Ford. It was a tremendous show as they told stories and commented on the current news industry. I could have listened for hours. There should be a regular show like this. On a side note, I always feel so elite when I listen to NPR... I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve. I'll leave you with Beyonce and Gaga; I love these broads:

No comments: