Wednesday, January 13, 2010

American Idol Season Premiere




It's back! And after probably swearing not to watch ever again about eight times last season, I'm back for another season of agony and inevitably seeing the wrong person win. Oh well, at least I know what I'm getting into. This tryout episode was the standard mix of clowns vying for TV time and sad stories with good voices. It was also nice to not have to deal with Paula Abdul's nonsensical ramblings. She was replaced by Posh; anytime one of the Spice Girls is getting airtime is a good thing. She didn't say much other than "nice job" but it's just as well. Only two try-outs stood out for me. First was the guy who climbed the tree and broke both of his hands. I thought he was going to be a complete goof but he turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I still would like to know why was a grown man climbing a tree. The other standout was Waitress Girl. What she lacked in singing ability, she made up for in ass. Randy's eyes looked like two fried eggs. She might not have gotten a golden ticket but she was a winner. More foolishness tonight.

No comments: