Tuesday, May 20, 2008

American Idol: Battle of the Davids


Okay, against my better judgment, I watched the show anyway. It was the dreaded Battle of the Davids-- and man did it live down to my expectations! First of all, they did a boxing theme throughout the night and they even rolled out Michael Buffer to "Let's Get Ready To Rumble" this thing. Two big questions: 1) Andrew Lloyd Weber again? and 2) why do they insist on doing the original song each year? It sucks each and every time without fail! Anyway, even though I wanted Cook to win, I thought Archuleta was slightly better (but tons more annoying). As soon as Cook said he chose something from Collective Soul, I knew it was over. So who was the best singer of the day? Well, that was me in the car singing along to Hall and Oates "Method of Modern Love" earlier today but that's besides the point. I predict that America will choose Archuleta and the franchise will fold within two years. Can't wait for the "surprises" tomorrow. I hope they bring Toni Braxton back again. That's the only thing that can save the night.

No comments: