Monday, June 18, 2007

Frankie Abernathy, 1981-2007

Frankie Abernathy, one of the cast members from Real World: San Diego, one of the greatest seasons ever, passed away last week at the age of 25. On the show she had battled cystic fibrosis. She was one of the more interesting cast members because of her tattoos and piercings, her habit of cutting herself, the fact that she was from Missouri, her love of Hello Kitty, her fear of boats, and her boyfriend, who had huge earlobes.


This is probably the show that me and a small group of my friends ("The Roundtable") dissected the most. Besides Frankie, there were the two goofy guys, the black guy who never left the house and of course, the incredible Robin (better known in our emails as BTG) who was the first Real World cast member to go to jail. Such fond memories. I think about six weeks into the show, I finally revealed that I thought Frankie was hot, which went against everything else that I had previous written. Ah, good times. She will be missed.

No comments: