Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up


You think you know him. Shout-out to my boy Edge, who drew number 29 and won this year's WWE Royal Rumble. He had been out for months with an achilles tendon injury, which he called the worst injury of his life. Glad to see him back in action and in the main event picture. Now on to the Elimination Chamber in that great wrestling city, St. Louis, Missouri. I read the results of the Rumble PPV and it seemed like a decent show. Sheamus retained the Raw title by DQ over Randy Orton (who beat up Legacy) and The Undertaker beat Rey Mysterio to retain the Smackdown title. Mickie James beat Michelle McCool to win the Women's title... I saw the Miss America pageant on Saturday (well at least the first hour). They're trying to make the show more exciting and I think they did a good job. Slater from Saved By The Bell as host, sassy-ass lines during the scripted intros, letting the viewers vote, and a judging panel with such diverse people as Vivica Fox, an American Idol finalist and that shithead Rush Limbaugh. I still wonder who won the thing. I would Google it, but what's the point... Speaking of broads, I also caught the debut of Seducing Cindy, a new reality show on the Fox Reality channel where newly divorced Cindy Margolis tries to find love. I enjoyed it-- mostly because her boobs were out for most of the show, but it was entertaining in other ways as well. Miraculously the 2Pac impersonator survived to the next episode... This week's Jim Cornette commentary from Who's Slamming Who is right here... I finally saw the Michael Jackson movie This Is It on Saturday. Great piece of work. That was gonna be a hell of show and I wish I had seen it live. Such a shame... Props to Hershell Walker, who won his MMA match on the Strikeforce show on Saturday. At forty-seven years old, he was in tremendous shape and submitted his twenty-years younger opponent for the victory.

No comments: