Thursday, March 1, 2007

Idol Thoughts

Who was the fool that put the season premiere of America's Top Model up against American Idol: Girls Night? Since I didn't get to see much of Tyra's show, at least now I can look at her on this post. By the way, she is becoming a notch more insane with each passing sweeps period. I knew that talk show would drive her over the edge. Anyway...

I guess the big story is that Antonella Barba was not booted after racy photos of her appeared on the internet last week. On Tuesday, a friend of hers came forward and said that the first set of photos that appeared were Antonella but the more explicit photos that showed up later were not her. So let me get this straight: the lighthearted photos of her taking a dump (although honestly, it was very tastefully done), rolling around in a public fountain and wearing a slutty witch costume were definately her. Thanks for clearing that up. See, she's just a misunderstood, little shy girl from New Jersey! I can't believe you people jumped to conclusions.

The Guys did better this week, but once again, no one just ovewhelmed me. Nick was okay with "Fever" but fell apart at the end. The curly haired guy was aiight. The Timberlake Wannabe is all over my nerves. The guy who sang "Let's Get It On" is going to be the next guy to appear on 20/20 describing what Paula Abdul's living room looks like. I can't stand when Paula stands up and dances to a song. Sanjaya was atrocious. Plus he was so soft that he should have performed with the rest of the girls on Wednesday.

And speaking of girls, they were better once again. I thought that they finished in about the same order as they did last week, except I thought Melinda the Career Backup Singer topped Latisha this week. There were a lot of fashion disasters this week, from Latisha's short skirt to Internet Queen's 60's dress to Leslie's bag lady look (what, no hooker boots this week?). Leave it to the Internet Queen to be the first to pull the "You Were Wrong About Jennifer Hudson" card. Simon was ready with his prepared answer that he had been getting together since November. She's awful. I'm tired of looking at Gina. Poor Pizza Girl was so awful that she immediately got the "But you look great" speech right off the bat. I liked Stephanie's inspirational story of how her parents pretty much forced her to audition for the show. You could tell her Dad was counting the money and getting fitted for an Admiral suit already. Some broad actually busted out Whitney's "Queen of the Night" from The Bodyguard. Just brutal. Here are my picks for who should go packing tonight:

1. The Queen of the Night
2. The Queen of the Internet
3. Queen Sanjaya
4. The hideous shirt that Randy wore on Wednesday.

No comments: