Friday, March 2, 2007

Idol Results



There's something really different about Kellie Pickler from when she appeared on American Idol last season. The singing voice? Not really. Her wardrobe? I don't think that's it. The hefty boob job? Hmmm, maybe that's it. She was almost tolerable there for a second. Someone asked about her hairstyle; I didn't even realize that she had a head until about two minutes in. Of course the annoying voice is still there, along with the "I'm like a hick version of Jessica Simpson" act. The scripted spiders and sushi lines with Ryan Seacrest were unbearable. I can't wait for her sitcom. I wonder if her Dad is out of jail yet.
As for the show, there was only one real surprise cut: AJ. I guess he just got lost in the shuffle. I thought his goodbye performance was better than anybody's performance on Tuesday's show. I felt bad for all of the people who got cut, especially the girls, since they seemed so crushed. They shouldn't make people go out and sing right after their dream has been smashed. I imagine that might be a bit difficult. Poor Pizza Girl. Sure she was bad, but Antonella should have gone before her. I'm sure they'll keep her on for awhile because every show needs a good villian (this show is as fixed as wrestling). How in the world did Sanjaya survive? I thought he was about to cry. As it was, he did pout very hard. And, oh, has Sundance stopped crying yet? Well, we're down to 16. I hope next week will be a good theme week like Ike Turner Week or something.

No comments: