Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Reviews Are In.....

It was a pretty big New Release Tuesday with new CDs by my favorite group The Roots, the icon Madonna, Lil' Mama, and Robyn. I got a chance to listen to "Rising Down" by The Roots and "Hard Candy" by Madonna. My thoughts:


I listened to this at work so of course I was a little distracted by the responsibilites of carrying the entire organization plus girls constantly making up excuses just to come over and talk to me. Lots of guests appearances and quality "grown man" hip-hop. I plan to listen again today in between American Idol discussion and donuts.


I also managed to listened to this CD while at work yesterday. Once again, I have to give Madonna props for wearing a wrestling title belt on the cover. Nice pictures in the booklet by the way. Fifty is the new thirty. Which means that I'm about 15. I think "Hard Candy" is a code for something else, but I can't quite figure it out. Anyway, the songs are a departure from the electronica of her last couple of CDs and are more pop/dance. Good stuff. Timbaland and The Neptunes are producers. Thus far, I think the best songs are "Beat Goes On" (with Kanye West) and "Spanish Lesson". I didn't see a deluxe version available; after all, what are us old folks going to do with Ipod skins and ringtones? Regardless, both CDs get the Hollywood Nation Seal of Approval. Enjoy!

No comments: