Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Mariah: Out Today


Mariah Carey's new CD, E=MC2, was released today. I picked up my copy this morning at Target (which had a pathetic selection of wrestling dolls, by the way). I had a choice between the regular version for ten bucks and a "deluxe" version for fourteen. I picked the regular version, because what am I going to do with an Ipod skin (which was included with the deluxe version)? I'm a grown-ass man with a record collection; I won't miss it. That's four dollars that can be spent on a pizza upgrade. So I stood in line with a bunch of old ladies who were in a hurry to get back home to see The View and headed to work. I managed to listen to the disc a couple of times during the day, in between carrying the company on my broad shoulders.

The verdict: It's a good disc. About what you would expect if you heard her last offering-- a few ballads, a couple of uptempo songs, some guest rapper appearances and some vocal gymnastics. On the first listen, I heard about five songs that I liked, which for me is tremendous. So E=MC2 gets the official Hollywood Nation Stamp of Approval. So go on and pick it up; after all, it would make Mimi really happy!

No comments: