Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

Celebrity Fit Club, one of my favorite reality shows, returns tonight on VH-1. This time it's men vs. women. Among this season's cast is my favorite American Idol contestant of all-time Kimberley Locke (above), Marcia Brady, Jay Leno's goofy intern, and Screech from Saved By The Bell, who I heard was ultra-annoying on this show. That should help to boost his career prospects. E! News did an interview with Kimberley which apparently took place after the taping of the show and lets just say she was THE WINNER.

One of the young ladies (Kristine Lefebvre, above) from this season of The Apprentice that no one is watching has agreed to appear in Playboy. If it outsells the Carnie Wilson issue, I will be in shock.

Congratulations go out to Hazelwood's own Randy Orton, who according to about five different internet reports, was sent home early from the WWE European tour for disiplinary reasons. According to unconfirmed reports, he trashed a hotel room. Way to make us proud. I read a debate on one of the message boards about whether he would get fired or not. In my opinion, it's all up to how Vince McMahon feels about him. If he's fed up with the guy, he'll let him go. He's had about three or four chances to straighten up but apparently he can't behave like reasonable humans. If Orton should leave WWE, they won't make one dime more or one dime less in revenue. It's not like he would show up in TNA and just jumpstart that promotion either. If I was a gambling man, I would say he's gone. Well, he'll always have that one month title reign to tell his grandkids about.

In brighter news, I've been watching the Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen DVD that was recently released and it is fantastic. The Ole Anderson interviews are terrifying. Tully Blanchard is great as always. Even the section on the Paul Roma era was funny. To me, the greatest lineup of the Horsemen was Flair, Tully, Arn Anderson and Barry Windham (above, right). That's probably when I started cheering the bad guys. I remember after one show here in St. Louis (this had to be around 1988) my friend Geoff and I stopped at the Marriott by the airport where we knew all the wrestlers stayed. After we had gotten some autographs and were leaving, a big limo pulled up and Flair, Windham and some high class broads popped out. Flair announced "Ladybugs, we made it!" The chauffeur brought out all Louis Vuitton luggage out of the trunk. They really did live that lifestyle. It was unreal. Geoff went up to them and they graciously autographed his Four Horsemen hat. I stayed hiding behind some bushes. I didn't want to be the next victim of a parking lot attack like Lex Luger and Dusty Rhodes. I had issues. Ahhh, the memories. If you are a wrestling fan, by all means, get this DVD.

No comments: