Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Thoughts

I really did enjoy the Super Bowl last night. I also agree with the people who think the Monday after the SuperBowl should be declared a national holiday so that we don't have to go to work the next day. I'm in no condition to report. However as I mentally prepare to knock out those eight hours, here are my thoughts on last night:

- Jennifer Hudson did a great rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner" before the game (below):




- I missed the first block of commercials, but the ones that I did see weren't all that great. I liked the Go-Daddy spots (but not enough to go to their website to see the conclusion) and Dwayne Johnson's new Disney movie. Will Jack from the Jack in the Box commericals recover from his accident?

- The game itself was even better than I thought it would be. I thought Kurt Warner was going to pull off the comeback, but it was not to be. I wanted Arizona to win, but then again, they should have never left St. Louis. Screw 'em, they got what they deserved.

- I thought Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tore it up during halftime. I was on my feet for "Glory Days". He's still got it.

- At the post-game ceremony, I was just glad that they didn't let Joe Namath on the mic after that "I want to kiss you" debacle from a couple of years ago.

- Have a great Groundhog's Day!

No comments: