Monday, February 9, 2009

Thoughts on The Grammy Awards

Random thoughts on what I remember from last night's Grammys show:

- They need to do like the MTV VMAs and cut this thing down to two hours. At three and a half hours, I felt like I was watching a mini-series like Roots or Shogun.

- It was good to see Whitney Houston back and looking in top form. It seems like she had a little trouble talking but I heard that she turned it out at the Clive Davis part on Saturday. I hope she makes it back all the way. It was also good to see Jennifer Hudson win and put on another great performance.

- I sat through that whole "Rap Pack" thing with M.I.A. hoping that she didn't give birth right on stage.

- Too much Timberlake and Lil' Wayne.

- Do you think Chris Brown really combed Rihanna's head on Saturday night? Say it ain't so! It's like a bad dream.

- I'm sure the Stevie Wonder/Jonas Brothers collaboration sounded good on paper (not really) but it played out quite horrificly onstage. I may need counseling to forget the Jonas Brothers butchering "Superstition".

- The real star of the show?: Katy Perry's boobs.

- Always good to see The Rock, er, Dwayne Johnson on the big stage, rubbing elbows with the industry elite. As a consolation though, Triple H will win a squash match on Friday's Smackdown.

- I hadn't seen a brother wear a shag haircut since 1982, until Kanye West brought it back last night.

No comments: