Thursday, October 23, 2008

Interview with Erin Murphy of Celebrity Championship Wrestling


It's Hollywood Nation's first celebrity interview! Erin Murphy, "Tabitha" of Bewitched and currently one of the stars of CMT's Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling (CCW) was gracious enough to answer a set of questions that I emailed her. And here we go:

1. Were you ever a wrestling fan growing up? If so, do you have any favorites from the past or on the current scene?

I didn't grow up watching wrestling, but I watch it now! I started watching Trish Stratus & Lita on Youtube during filming to see how girls wrestle (Nasty kept telling me it's all the same, but he's wrong).


2. Former WCW Executive Producer Eric Bischoff is a judge on CCW. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how bad did you want to dropkick this man?

On the "annoying scale" of 1-10, I'd give EB a 1. I know some of the others had "issues" with him. The crowd "loved to hate him" but he was always a gentleman to me, really great guy. There were times during filming that I wanted to drop kick Todd Bridges & Trishelle, but I found Bischoff very huggable. I'm seeing him & his wife at a Halloween party this weekend.

3. Your castmate Trishelle Cannatella was one of my favorite characters in Real World history. Is she single and hypothetically speaking, do you think she would be interested in a guy that owns his own blog and a bunch of wrestling dolls?

Trish appeared to be single, but I think you could do better!


4. On the show Bewitched you had the power to turn people into any object. If you still had those powers, who on CCW would you turn into a frog?

See answer 2. Although Todd & I are great friends now, during the show I tried to avoid him.

5. On Bewitched, your father's name was Darren, according to your bio your husband's name is Darren, and currently you are being interviewed by someone named Darrin? Why do you think you attract all of these Darrens?

Darrens/ Darrins definitely hold a special place in my heart!


6. Because you have actually read my blog, undoubtedly I will be kissing your ass in future posts about CCW. Are there any adjectives that you would like for me to use about you in upcoming posts?

I would never tell you what adjectives to use (besides you're doing great so far on your own). I hope that watching the show, you'll see that I really took the training process seriously. I wanted true wrestling fans to know how much I respect the art form & hope we put on some entertaining matches.


7. Do you have any plugs or other projects you are working on?

There's talk of "taking our show on the road", so wrestling may be in my future.


I would like to thank Erin again for answering my questions. Hopefully she does well on the show. You can catch Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling on CMT every Saturday at 7PM CST/8PM EST. To find out more about Erin Murphy you can click here.

(Photo from cmt.com/photo credit: Ron Jaffe)

No comments: