Friday, October 5, 2007

Say It Ain't So

It has been reported in various outlets that current Total Nonstop Action Wresting World Champion Kurt Angle, was arrested last Friday in Pittsburgh for a DUI. Allegedly after he almost hit a woman with his car as he was leaving a bar, she took down his license plate number and he was tracked down. Even sadder, according to one report, this all went down in the afternoon. The staff of Hollywood Nation has its best people on the case to see if there have been any violations of the TNA Wellness policy due to the incident.

In more pleasant TNA news, last night was their first regular two-hour show. While I have seen other negative reviews of the show, I actually enjoyed it myself. Although there is still too much going on and an emphasis needs to be made to make matches have more meaning and consequence, I liked that the matches were longer and that more people got to be involved. I liked the plot where Kurt Angle calmly stalked Sting's son at a high school football game, but then again, I also enjoy reruns of Three's Company also. Other notes: Raven is back... In a perfect world, Kaz and The Motor City Machine Guns would be top guys in about three months, but that won't happen... Traci Brooks has a sick mom--awwww... Isn't Pac-Man Jones' NFL suspension over yet?... More Gail Kim? Yes, please... I still would like to see a complete overhaul of the creative team, but until then this was, hmmm, not bad. And I guess that's all you can hope for at this time.

No comments: