Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More on Blackout


I did indeed go into my local Target store and purchase the new Britney Spears CD Blackout this morning. It wasn't even in the new release section with the rest of the CDs; it was buried on the bottom row about two shelves away. I did not make eye contact with the checkout girl. She must have been wondering what the hell was going on. I almost offered an explanation like "It's for my little sister" but I declined.

As I stated earlier, it's a decent CD if you are a fan of her earlier work. I listened to some of it again and it's growing on me. Something really weird happened when I got to the last song however-- it was actually good. I thought maybe I was going flaky but I found out that it was written by Pharrell and the Neptunes so that explains it. As for the packaging, the cover is just some thrown together crap with a stupid picture of Britney in a hat. There are better pictures inside including the "controversial" picture of her sitting in a priest's lap. She's just trying to hard at this point. There is not a lyric to be seen. Also no thank yous. But who would she thank at this point? Coors? Also included is a sample of her perfume, Believe. I have yet to open it but I'm sure it reeks of whiskey and Fritos.

Sure she is a bonafide hot ass mess now, but sometimes I like to think about the glory days. Below I have posted a clip of perhaps her career pinacle. This would have been 80 times better if she hadn't actually decided to sing during it.



And while I'm posting clips, I also ran across this little gem below. Back from the days when they used to have a fun, thriving musical genre called "hip hop". Back when I wouldn't have dreamed of walking into a store and actually purchasing a CD by someone like Britney Spears.


No comments: