Wednesday, April 7, 2010

News and Notes


Lennon/McCartney Night on American Idol was about what I expected. Honestly, I was asleep for a great portion of the second hour. The personality profiles did flesh out these people a tad but it got old quick. Katie said she would go to the prom with whoever gave her the most votes; with her low finishes, five votes would probably get you that date. I have no idea why the judges praised her performance. I felt like I was watching another program. Mike was okay, Crystal was good, and Tim made me want to go hide. Same old story. Reportedly, Adam Lambert will be the guest mentor next week. That could be fun... Ratings are in and Impact lost handily yet again (no suprise) but it did a little better and Raw dropped a bit from last week. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter compared Impact to a high school boy who tries to get attention by eating worms. That was spot-on. I didn't see it, but I can't believe these idiots allowed one of their wrestlers to take a chairshot to the head in this day and age. Get a clue... I missed Dancing with the Stars, but caught the highlights. Kate Gosselin somehow escaped again. She was so bad, it was hilarious. I hope she stays for weeks. Glad to see Pam, 85, and Niecy advanced. I felt bad for Buzz Aldrin, but it was time for him to go.

No comments: