Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday Night Wrestling

Due to the crowded schedule, I didn't get to see much of WWE Raw and I skipped through quite a bit of TNA Impact. Seems like Raw is hitting a bit of the post-WrestleMania letdown. Why on earth would WWE let their new champion Jack Swagger get pinned already? It makes no sense. I missed any David Otunga-Hudson segments that may have run. I did see him turn on John Cena at the end, which may set up a 9:00 squash match some time down the line. Over on Impact, why is Kurt Angle killing himself for a show doing an 0.6? I thought it was funny that TNA is in such dire straits that they actually listened to the ratings patterns and tried to showcase the Knockouts (although putting the title up in a luck of the draw box was stupid). They cut out some of the "comedy" and actually built two matches for next week. Baby steps.

R.I.P. Chris Kanyon. Sorry to hear about his passing. He was always innovative in the ring and I always enjoyed his matches and persona. I always thought one of the leagues could have done much more with him.

(Photo from tnawrestling.com)

No comments: