Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Music


The big release this week is the new Britney Spears CD "Circus". I picked this up at Target on Tuesday. They had the regular version available as well as a "deluxe" version for a couple of bucks more with a bonus DVD of interview and behind-the-scenes footage. I just got the basic one because that's all I need is to pay extra money to hear this broad rattle on about nothing. Anyway, the CD is about what you would expect from a Britney Spears offering: a few good dance songs, two or three destined-to-be strip club classics, a couple of cringe-worthy songs that you wonder how they made the final cut, a couple of slow songs that you will never listen to again, and some nice booklet photos. My verdict after the first listen? It was worth the ten bucks. Find it on sale at Target, Best Buy or the usual online outlets.

Also out this week: Rap legend Scarface "Emeritus" and the soundtrack to the movie Cadillac Records, featuring my boy Mos Def singing. I may have to check that one out.

No comments: