Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tyra in People Magazine


I picked up the latest People magazine, which featured my girl Tyra Banks on the cover. She has put on a little weight since she retired from modeling. Right there on the cover, she just put it out there: she weighs 161 pounds-- and still looks great. I guess this was in response to the tabloids, who were probably showing her in unflattering photos on the beach or in the Hardee's line. This was probably her way of saying "Screw you! I look good and I've got two TV shows! And yes, I will have cheese on that!" Good for her.
I was switching last night between American Idol and the return of NBC's reality comedy series Dateline: To Catch A Predator. You can seperate the regular perverts from the top tier perverts by the phrase "he even sent a photo of his genitals". Over on Idol, Paula was as loopy as I had ever seen her. One guy did a Michael Jackson song almost perfectly and she was complaining that he was off key. She was acting stranger than usual. Halfway through the show she disappeared but I didn't hear if they offered an excuse as to why. I imagine she eventually succumed to the effects of her "soda", passed out and was actually under that table the entire time. She was so goofy that the rumors of her being replaced by Courtney Love even started to make sense. That's like a movie producer saying "Anna Nicole Smith is messed up, do you think we could get that Lindsay Lohan?" Ideally, they should scrap the entire panel and go with 1) Wayne Brady (he was a guest judge on Star Search a few years back and just did a phenominal job of mixing humor with good critiques), 2) my friend the Black Charmer (because he could possibly say anything at any time) and 3) WWE's Kristal Marshall (just because she is totally hot).

No comments: