Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars


God only knows why, but I decided to give the Oscars a chance last night. I regretted it a mere ten minutes later. I saw Kirk Douglas rambling, the lady who won Best Supporting Actress spacing out, and Justin Timberlake painfully reciting some awkward dialogue. Needless to say, I was knee deep in NBA action after fifteen minutes. I checked back periodically and the only highlights were appearances by Jennifer Hudson, Halle Berry, and Marisa Tomei (who should win a retroactive Oscar for her stripper scenes in The Wrestler a couple of years ago). The "Gwenyth Paltrow can SING" gimmick has run its course. Why was Corey Haim skipped over in the deaths segment? They were showing legendary key grips for Pete's sake, but not one half of The Coreys? What is wrong with these people? I should have gotten an award for sitting through this thing.

No comments: