Thursday, August 18, 2011

Catching Up

After taking a little summer hiatus, Hollywood Nation is back! Did I miss anything? Here's my take on some of the things that went down during the break:

The Summer of Punk: What a summer it's been for C.M. Punk in WWE. He had perhaps the match of the year with John Cena at Money In The Bank. He won the WWE title-- twice. He managed to get Vince McMahon to pay the rights to a real entrance song. He got mainstream press on such outlets as Jimmy Kimmel and espn.com. And he ate Kevin Nash alive on the mic on Monday's Raw. Damn! All I did during my summer was sleep and not update my blog.

Amy Winehouse: I was so sad to hear about the passing of one of my favorite singers, Amy Winehouse. It's unfortunate that her substance issues overshadowed her great musical talent. Click here, here and here for some of my favorite Amy songs.

Stacey Kiebler: Former WWE Diva Stacey Keibler is making the rounds on the gossip sites and entertainment shows because she is dating George Clooney. Well, if you're gonna date a wrestler, that's probably the one you want to pick. Plus, he'd look kinda weird showing up at a movie premiere with Kane.


No comments: