Friday, January 21, 2011

American Idol Returns


It's back! After much hype surrounding the new judges, American Idol had its season premiere on Wednesday. And I was pleasantly surprised. Jennifer Lopez didn't come off nearly as annoying as I had predicted and even seemed a bit likeable. She was going nice on the contestants early but you can see she is going to crack inevitably. The sassy talking and head shaking is only a few episodes away. Steven Tyler was pretty good as well. Randy Jackson made the first fashion mistake of the season with that "Hit Me Baby One More Time" outfit. When was the last time you've seen a grown ass black man dressed as Britney Spears? I mean, besides one of her concerts. Ridiculous. My favorite contestant from night one was the nutty Puerto Rican girl. I thought she was going to go into William Hung territory but her voice was actually not bad. Did you see the rumpshaker on that girl though? I bet even Kim Kardashian was at home, did a spittake and said "DAMN, now THAT'S a big ass!" And it was. Night two was kind of boring but I expect things to pick up. This season could be better than I thought.

No comments: