Thursday, September 30, 2010

News and Notes


I'm back! Here are my thoughts on some of the things I've missed the past couple of weeks:

Dancing with the Stars: I really love this season's cast but they've already ruined it in week two with atrocious judging (what else is new?), Team Palin's country asses, and saying that Bruno went too far in cracking on Michael Bolton. My favorite this season is Kyle, who seemingly came out of nowhere (at least in my household) to capture America's heart. It's about time someone represented for the chubby black guys. My shitfit when he gets voted out before Bristol Palin should be monumental.

Wake Up!: The Roots and John Legend together on one CD. Album. Of. The. Year. Get it.

Survivor: I'm sorry to see the Jimmy Johnson gimmick end in week three, but it hadn't really panned out to be all that great anyway. Some of the most vile contestants in history. I don't have a favorite yet.

Wrestling: Raw ratings continue to sink and PPV buyrates are in a steep decline. They're in no danger of going under but if ratings and buyrates continue to erode, it will be difficult to get those lost fans back. I don't even see a way to turn things around. TNA is still hopeless, but I'm intrigued by whatever "special announcement" they have planned for next week. They're probably getting rid of the wrestling ring altogether.

Kim Kardashian: Still hot.

No comments: