Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shocker: Hogan Signs With TNA

I never would have expected it but today Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff signed with TNA Wrestling. Hogan's role hasn't been specified yet but it looks like he will have a major on-air role. I would like to see him in a mentor or commissioner role, but knowing him, he will have the title by the next Impact. I'm hoping for the best but I'm not getting my hopes up. Here are some of my major questions/comments:

- Is this going to be a rehash of his early WCW days where we see all of his old cronies like Brutus Beefcake and the Nasty Boys start dominating the show? I'm gonna cry when A.J. Styles gets pinned by Jimmy Hart.

- According to the Wrestling Observer breaking audio, more major announcements could be coming. Ric Flair? RVD? Jeff Hardy? A move to Monday nights? Brooke vs. Rhino?

- As Wade Keller pointed out today on the Pro Wrestling Torch website, this is the perfect time to change the name, which I have been saying for ages too. "TNA" is an embarassing name. I always call it "Impact" or "The Thursday Night Wrestling League" to friends and family who don't watch wrestling. Keller's suggestion was to call it "Impact Wrestling Federation". That's perfect.

No comments: