Tuesday, July 28, 2009

News and Notes


- WWE is stuck in a major rut. It seems like the GM gimmick has run its course already. The Shaq skits were predictible and featured typical WWE-style humor-- meaning not funny. And what's the main event of SummerSlam? Randy Orton vs. John Cena? Again? Why not plug Evan Borne in there? According to their stupid storylines, since he had the shortest win time in the Beat the Clock Challenge, shouldn't he get the title shot anyway? There I go, trying to make logic out of WWE storylines. What the hell am I doing?

- This just in: Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush have split. Fellas, I think I'm gonna step on up to the plate. Soon as I put this cheeseburger down.

- Hulk Hogan and his ex-ball & chain made it an official split today as well. Glad to know her crazy ass is single now.

- As many times as I have called for her head since 2002, I think the producers of American Idol need to pony up and give Paula Abdul some of that scrilla so she can stay on the show. They gave it up for Simon and Ryan, so it's only right. Yeah, I know-- I'll be regreting this statement ten minutes into the season premiere.

- Wrestling sites are reporting that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling has a deal with Playboy to feature some of the TNA Knockouts in the magazine. Could this mean The Beautiful People? This might save the publishing industry.

- I caught the new show on Fox tonight where overweight women vie for the love of a male goofball. The show was decent but seriously, did they need to show the weights right next to the ladies? I'm sitting there trying to listen to what they have to say then all of a sudden it's like "DAMN, 279!!!" Absurd.

(Kim Kardashian photo available at allposters.com)

No comments: